|Sanity Boost||10 (on shave)|
|“||I made them with my face.||”|
Wilson is the only character capable of producing Beard Hair from shaving. Harvesting Tumbleweed and killing Beardlings, Beardlords, and Shadow Splumonkeys are the only method of acquiring Beard Hair when the player is playing any character besides Wilson.
Growth and Shaving Edit
|Days until growth||Length||Shaving Yield||
|Short Beard||1 Beard Hair||.2 per day|
|7 Days||Long Beard||3 Beard Hair||.375 per day|
|15 Days||Magnificent Beard||9 Beard Hair||.5625 per day|
As the Beard doesn't grow longer after 16 days and the player loses it on resurrection or by changing characters, it is most efficient to shave after every sixteenth night. Upon shaving, Wilson's Sanity increases by 10. In terms of gaining sanity, however, shaving every 5 days would yield the best results. Having a beard does not drain Sanity. Similar to WX-78's upgrade powers, Wilson keeps his Beard when he uses a Wooden Thing.
Beard Insulation Edit
|Beard Length||Insulation Time|
|No Beard||0 seconds|
|Short Beard||15 seconds|
|Long Beard||45 seconds|
|Magnificent Beard||135 seconds|
- Even though Wolfgang has a moustache, he doesn't grow a beard, saying his skin is too strong for hair.
- Woodie has a beard, but says (when examining a Razor): "A true lumberjack never shaves". Therefore, he will not provide Beard Hair.
- A good tip is to not shave your beard until the first winter is over, as the Beard provides non-durability warmth during the winter.
- Shave your Beard after every winter so that it can grow back for the next winter, also providing you with a small sanity boost and quite a bit of Beard Hair (as Wilson) or Silk (as Webber).
- If you shave right after a season ends, your Beard can be a good indication of how long the following season is.
|Activities||Cooking • Crafting • Farming • Fishing • Sleeping|
|Environment||Day-Night Cycle • Moon Cycle • Nightmare Cycle • Earthquake • Lightning • Rain|
|Seasons||Summer • Winter • ( Autumn • Spring )|
|Mechanics||Beard • Characters • Controls • Death • Durability • Experience • Fire • Food Spoilage • Freezing ( Overheating ) • Health • Hunger • Light • Map • Naughtiness • Non-renewable resources • Sanity • Saving • Wetness|
|Mode||Adventure Mode • Sandbox Mode • Caves • Ruins|
|Others||Pig Village • Road (Trail) • Set Piece • Things|