|Perk||* Delays freezing during Winter
* Prevents Beefalo from attacking during mating season
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||Now I'm king of the beefalo!||”|
Wearing it prevents Beefalo from attacking the player during their mating season. However, they will still attack if the player strikes first. If the parent of a Baby Beefalo is killed, and the player is wearing a Beefalo Hat, the baby may start to follow the player, provided the player does not already have a follower.
- When around Beefalo during mating season and especially when shaving them at night, wear this hat to keep from being attacked.
- Take off the hat when next to a fire (or replace it with a sanity-boosting hat) as the item's durability will go down with it on, and the fire alone is enough to keep the character warm.
- This item used to increase the player's Sanity per minute by an unknown amount.
- The previous description was a reference to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back: when Han Solo cuts open a tauntaun to keep Luke Skywalker warm, he says, "And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!".
- Although it only costs one Beefalo Horn to craft, the Beefalo Hat has two horns on it.