|Crafting||×1 ×1 ×1|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||Why you hurt me throwing stick?||”|
The Boomerang returns to the player after being thrown. The player must catch it by holding down the action key (default Space key) while it is on its way back. If it isn't caught after being thrown, it will hit the player, causing damage, and remove twice the durability on return, and the player will have to pick it up from the ground in order to use it again.
The Boomerang will return to the player even if the player moves from the original throwing spot. It will not hit a target if the target moves out of range before the Boomerang reaches it, but it will always return to the player.
If the player dies from being struck by a Boomerang, the Morgue will show the character's name under "Cause of Death".
The Boomerang serves much the same purpose on the PS4 edition, though because of the auto targeting system it is not a recommended weapon. You must be standing nowhere near anything else (grass, flowers, flint, bushes, anything) and wait for the boomerang to be selected on its way back to you before quickly pressing "x" to catch it. This can be hard to do, and if your health is too low it can easily cause death.
- The player can have more than one Boomerang out at a time. The action key must be held for each returning Boomerang, however.
- The Boomerang kills rabbits and flying birds in one throw (except for characters who don't hit as hard, such as Wendy), making it a very fast method for gathering Morsels and feathers. However, nearby rabbits and birds will run away, and killing them directly raises naughtiness.
- When playing as Wolfgang, he may do more or less damage depending on hunger level. He also receives the same damage multiplier from uncaught Boomerangs.
- The description of Boomerang is "It comes from a land down under", which is a reference to Australia, where the Boomerang was invented by Aboriginal Australians. More specifically, it's a reference to a line from "Down Under", a song by Men at Work.
- If a bird targeted by a boomerang flies away before it hits it, the boomerang will go to the spot where the bird was, and will constantly spin.
- Very rarely, after striking an opponent, a Boomerang will continue indefinitely in a straight line if you miss it, making it possible for the Boomerang to be missing for days before it comes back (Tested only in RoG).