|Crafting||×1 ×1 ×1|
|Perk||Camouflages the player|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||I am so sneaky!||”|
To hide in the hat, the player has to click the RMB (Right Mouse Button) over the Bush Hat while it's in the hat slot on the inventory toolbar. Right-clicking the hat again does not undisguise but instead takes the hat off the hat slot, but moving around will immediately remove the disguise.
When hiding, enemies won't notice the player unless the enemy was already targeting the player. Charlie is not fooled by the disguise. Also, Gobblers can distinguish between Berry Bushes and the Bush Hat; hence, they will not approach the player when the player is hiding with the Bush Hat.
- Bush Hats only work when the enemies on-screen are not currently targeting you. Activating it after something has spotted you is pointless as they will still chase you.
- The Bush Hat is an effective method for avoiding incoming Hound attacks, as the Hounds will simply pass by you. The player will unhide whenever exclaiming "Did you hear that?" but if the player quickly rehides they won't notice him.
- Camping out in spider-infested territories is dangerous, especially during long winter nights. Utilising the Bush Hat will spare you from dealing with spiders during the night.
- If you don't have a ranged weapon or can't corner a Koalefant which you found and want to kill, you can hide in a Bush Hat when the closest distance is reached. Then the Koalefant may walk to you, giving you a chance to attack it before it runs away.
- Using the Bush Hat with Willow's Lighter works well if you don't have time to set up a camp or it's too dangerous, as her Lighter will stay active to protect her from Charlie indefinitely, and the Bush Hat will prevent her from being spotted by hostile mobs, provided she hasn't already been seen.
- Shadow Creatures are fooled by the Bush Hat's disguise.
- This item was added in the Insanity update.
- Before the Caves update, the player would automatically hide in the Bush Hat upon standing still.