|Crafting||×1 ×1 ×1|
|Perk||Camouflages the player|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||I am so sneaky!||”|
To hide in the hat, the player has to click the RMB (Right Mouse Button) over the Bush Hat while it's in the hat slot on the inventory toolbar. Right-clicking the hat again does not undisguise but instead takes the hat off the hat slot, but moving around will immediately remove the disguise.
When hiding, enemies won't notice the player unless the enemy was already targeting the player. Charlie is not fooled by the disguise. Also, Gobblers can distinguish between Berry Bushes and the Bush Hat; hence, they will not approach the player when the player is hiding with the Bush Hat.
- The Bush Hat is an effective method for avoiding incoming Hound attacks, as the Hounds will simply pass by a player hidden in the hat. The player will unhide whenever exclaiming "Did you hear that?" but if the player quickly hides again before the Hounds arrive, the Hounds won't notice.
- Camping out in spider-infested territories is dangerous, especially during long winter nights. Utilising the Bush Hat will spare the wearer from dealing with spiders during the night.
- If the player doesn't have a ranged weapon or can't corner a Koalefant they want to kill, they can hide in a Bush Hat when the closest distance is reached. Then the Koalefant may wander over, giving the player a chance to hit it before it can flee.
- Using the Bush Hat with Willow's Lighter works well if one doesn't have time to set up a camp or it's too dangerous, as her Lighter will stay active to protect her from Charlie indefinitely, and the Bush Hat will prevent her from being spotted by hostile mobs, provided she hasn't already been seen.
- This item was added in the Insanity! update.
- Before the Caves update, the player would automatically hide in the Bush Hat upon standing still.