|Attack Range||3-4 (when leaping)|
|Special Ability||Can be befriended with toys
The Catcoon is a neutral Mob in Don't Starve: Reign of Giants, spawning from a Hollow Stump. It will wander around, pouncing at small creatures and playing with various objects, sometimes destroying them. When killed, a Catcoon will drop Meat and has a 33% chance of dropping a Cat Tail.
When it sees a small Bird, Rabbit, Moleworm, Butterfly, or Bee, it will pounce on it and kill it. In addition to Monsters, Catcoons are aggressive towards Pengulls and Hounds too and will attack them if they get close enough. This generally leads to the Catcoon being killed in retaliation. Catcoons will also attack a Glommer, even if players have befriended both, so caution should be taken. Catcoons are hostile to Webber, since he is considered a Monster.
Catcoons can be befriended by giving them "toys" or food, and they will give "gifts" to the player by coughing up items, such as Rot and Cut Grass, as if it is a hairball. Each item given to the Catcoon will add a tenth of a day (48 sec) to the time they spend following the player  (up to a maximum of 1 day ) and force the next hairball to be sooner. The item that they give depends on the number of times they hack before coughing it up. Currently, there are two lists for neutral and friendly Catcoons.
Gifts for a Catcoon Edit
Cat Toys Edit
Cat Food Edit
Gifts from a Catcoon Edit
Below is the number of hits it takes with each weapon to kill Catcoons when playing with characters with a default damage modifier. The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile.
|No. of hits for||36||12||9||6||5||4||3-6||3 or 4||3||2||1|
- The name "Catcoon" is a portmanteau of the words "Cat" and "Raccoon".
- Hollow Stumps become deserted after spawning 9 Catcoons. This is a reference to the belief that cats have 9 lives.
- If Wes uses Pile o' Balloons to befriend a Catcoon, the Catcoon will drop it on death.
- Catcoons will steal any Grave Digger items left on the ground among other things, therefore it's advisable to keep them in Chests if any Catcoons live nearby.
- Many Catcoon gifts are also Catcoon toys. Be sure to pick up any gifts you want as soon as they are coughed up.
- Catcoon may be a reference to real life cat breed "Mainecoon" that was originally thought to be a mix of cat and raccoon.
|Hostile Creatures||Batilisk • Cave Spider • Clockwork Bishop • Clockwork Rook • Clockwork Knight • Dangling Depth Dweller • Depths Worm • Frog • Guardian Pig • Ghost • Shadow Creature • Hound (Red Hound • Blue Hound) • Killer Bee • Lureplant • MacTusk • Merm • Mosquito • Spider • Spider Warrior • Spitter • Tallbird • Tentacle (Big Tentacle • Baby Tentacle) • Wee MacTusk • (Poison Birchnut Tree • Varg )|
|Boss Monsters||Ancient Guardian • Deerclops • Spider Queen • Treeguard • (Bearger • Dragonfly • Moose/Goose )|
|Neutral Animals||Bee • Beefalo • Bunnyman (Beardlord) • Koalefant • Krampus • Pengull • Pig (Werepig) • Rock Lobster • Snurtle • Slurtle • Smallish Tallbird • Splumonkey • (Buzzard • Catcoon • Volt Goat )|
|Passive Animals||Baby Beefalo • Butterfly • Chester • Crow • Gobbler • Mandrake • Rabbit (Beardling) • Redbird • Smallbird • Snowbird • (Glommer • Moleworm )|
|Other||Abigail • Charlie • Maxwell • Pig King|