|Crafting||×1 ×1 ×1|
|Stacks up to||40|
When placed on the ground and lit on fire, it will proceed to explode after 3–6 seconds, destroying objects and dealing massive damage in a small radius. It deals 200 damage per charge and can be exploded in stacks, which is more than enough to instantly kill an unarmored character at full health, unless the player is playing as a mighty Wolfgang or an upgraded WX-78. Mobs killed by the explosion will drop the cooked version of their respective meat (for example, when killed, a Pengull may drop a Fried Egg or Cooked Morsel) if they drop meat. Other kinds of loot will turn into Ash instead.
- Gunpowder was added in the A Little Rain Must Fall update.
- Gunpowder explosions can cause structures to drop their resource, even if they are on fire.
- Gunpowder explosions have the same lighting effect as a lightning strike.
- Real-life black gunpowder is made by combining charcoal (carbon), nitre (potassium nitrate), and sulfur (a common sulfur compound, hydrogen sulfide, is known for smelling like rotten eggs).
- If the player starts off in default plus, the game will begin with 2 Gunpowder in the inventory.