|Crafting||×1 ×2 ×2|
|Perk||Infinite uses while fresh.|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||Is still good.||”|
The Ham Bat is a melee weapon which deals 59 damage. It also spoils after 10 days and has unlimited uses during this period. Despite being made out of meat, it cannot be eaten by the player or other mobs, can't be put into an Ice Box and will not anger a Bunnyman when in the player's possession. It can, though, be put in Snow Chester to last twice as long.
Reign of GiantsEdit
In the Reign of Giants DLC, the Ham Bat's damage will now decrease as the weapon spoils. The highest damage is 59 when fresh, and the damage decreases by about 2.95 per day until it reaches its lowest damage of 29.5, before turning into Rot. It becomes weaker than a Tentacle Spike after 3 days, and on the 9th day, it's about as powerful as a Spear.
The Ham Bat can now be put in an Insulated Pack, Snow Chester or Ice Box to make it last longer.
- Having four spare Monster Meat, feeding them to a Pig (resulting in it turning into a Werepig) and then slaying the Werepig can result in the player receiving all of the necessary ingredients needed for crafting, excluding the Twigs. One alternative is to feed meat to a single Pig and select a neutral Pig as an attack target; this will cause surrounding neutral Pigs to become aggressive towards the player's Pig follower and kill it, causing it to drop resources. Being fast in getting the Pig Skin and Meat is vital due to the Pigs tending to eat the ingredients as soon as they drop from the mob.
- The unlimited uses make it ideal for dealing damage to mobs and entities that don't fight back, like Spider Dens and Snurtles.
- The Ham Bat was added in the A Little Rain Must Fall update.
- The Ham Bat makes an appearance as the in the popular online first-person shooter Team Fortress 2 to promote Don't Starve shortly before its release.
- It was the first renewable melee-weapon in the game.
- Before the first "Bugfix/Performance" update, the Ham Bat used to be an edible Monster Food item and had 100 uses.
- A Ham Bat can be used as a Steam chat emoticon.