|Crafting||×1 ×2 ×2|
|Perk||Has infinite uses while fresh|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“|| I'm not sure this was the |
most efficient use of resources.
|Spear||34 damage, 150 uses|
|Bat Bat||42 damage, 75 uses. Gives 6.8 ' and drains 3.4 per hit|
|Tentacle Spike||51 damage, 100 uses|
|Ham Bat||59 damage, unlimited uses for 10 days.|
|Thulecite Club||59 damage, 150 uses, summons Shadow Tentacles to assist attack, +10% walking speed|
|Dark Sword||68 damage, 100 uses,- 20 /min while wielded|
The Ham Bat is a Melee Weapon which deals 59 damage. It also spoils after 10 days and has unlimited uses during this period. The unlimited uses make it ideal for dealing damage to mobs and entities that don't fight back, like Spider Dens and Snurtles. Despite being made out of meat, it cannot be eaten by the player or other mobs, can't be put into an Ice Box and will not anger a Bunnyman.
- Having four spare Monster Meat, feeding them to a Pig (resulting in it turning into a Werepig) and then slaying the Werepig can result in the player receiving all of the necessary ingredients needed for crafting, excluding the Twigs. One alternative is to feed meat to a single Pig and select a neutral Pig as an attack target; this will cause surrounding neutral Pigs to become aggressive towards the player's Pig follower and kill him, causing him to drop resources. Being fast in getting the Pig Skin and Meat is vital due to the Pigs tending to eat the ingredients as soon as they drop from the mob.
- When It's no longer fresh, It will transform into Rot
- The Ham Bat makes an appearance as a Ham Shank in the popular online first-person shooter Team Fortress 2 to promote Don't Starve shortly before its release.
- It was the first renewable melee-weapon in the game.
- Before the first "Bugfix/Performance" update, the Ham Bat used to be an edible Monster Food (regain hunger at the expense of health and sanity) and had 100 uses.