|“||So full of potential.||”|
A Tallbird Egg is a large blue egg with white speckles. They can be found in Tallbird Nests, guarded by a Tallbird, and will hatch into a new Tallbird (after a few days), if the mother is killed. Tallbird Eggs can be used as a Food item to restore 3 Health and 25 Hunger. They do not spoil and do not stack. A Tallbird Egg can also be placed near a fire, where it will become a Hatching Tallbird Egg and eventually hatch into a Smallbird.
A Fried Tallbird Egg is made by cooking a Tallbird Egg over a Campfire, Fire Pit, or Dwarf Star. It restores 37.5 Hunger when eaten. A Fried Tallbird Egg will spoil after 6 days and stacks to 20. Tallbird Eggs can also be used as an ingredient in a variety of Crock Pot recipes.
Hatching Tallbird Egg Edit
A Hatching Tallbird Egg is a Tallbird Egg that has started to hatch after being placed near a Campfire or Fire Pit for at least 10 seconds. Hatching takes roughly 3 days before it will become a Smallbird. A Hatching Tallbird Egg can be eaten to restore 5 Health and 23 Hunger. It can also be cooked over a fire, resulting in a Fried Tallbird Egg. Note: Don't leave it near a Campfire for too long because it will fry and turn into Coocked Morsel.
The Hatching Tallbird Egg needs to be placed by a fire at night, or it will freeze after 30 seconds and turn into Wet Goop. During the day, it should not be placed near a fire, or it will overheat after 30 seconds and become a Cooked Morsel (except during Winter, when the egg should not be away from fire during the day). A Hatching Tallbird Egg can be picked up and moved without resetting the hatching process, but it will not continue hatching until it is placed on the ground again. Tallbird Eggs are neither cold nor hot when near a fire at Dusk.
- One way to get an Egg to hatch is to sleep through the night without using a fire.
- Pigs and Spiders will eat Tallbird Eggs left on the ground.
- Pigs will comment "mmm, beaky" after eating the Egg.
- When a Tallbird Egg is picked up, examining it will give the standard quotation based on the last state it was in when on the ground. For example, picking up a Tallbird Egg when day comes after it was near a fire will result in its examination indicating it is too hot.
- Tallbird Eggs make an excellent food source to keep near aTouch Stone or Meat Effigy.
- Although Endothermic Fires and Fire Pits are meant to cool their surroundings, they still overheat hatching eggs during the day and warm them at night. (RoG)