|Loot||, ,50%, 25%|
|“||Walruses are natural predators.||”|
MacTusk is an aggressive Mob. He's the leader of the Father and Son Walrus Hunting Party, which will respawn every 2–5 days after being killed, on a Walrus Camp. He always drops 1 Meat and 1 Blow Dart, and possibly 1 Walrus Tusk and 1 Tam o' Shanter, when killed.
MacTusk will actively attack players if they get too close, often sending in the Hounds with his battlecry first. MacTusk will use a Blow Dart to attack the player while also trying to keep his distance. The Blow Dart he uses has a longer range than the player's version, but it also deals less damage.The player can dodge his darts when timed correctly; using a Walking Cane or Roads will raise your chances.
- Take out the Hounds first. They're faster than the other hunting party members and can be led away from the group to be dealt with safely.
- It is recommended to use ranged weapons against MacTusk, since he will run away from the player if pursued. Using a Boomerang and wearing some kind of armor is the easiest and the least expensive way to kill him. An Ice Staff or Sleep Dart can be more effective if one has a strong melee weapon.
- Alternatively, MacTusk can be killed with 2 Blow Darts. As he always drops a Blow Dart, it will only cost a net of 1 Dart.
- If the player comes across the Walrus Camp while it is inactive, it will be prudent to set up defenses or traps.
- If lured to a pack of Pengulls, MacTusk will attack them, causing the Pengulls to retaliate and kill MacTusk (and his Hounds).
Below is the number of hits it takes with each weapon to kill MacTusk when playing with characters with a default damage modifier. The Weather Pain is not included due to the random nature of its projectile.
|No. of hits for||36||12||9||6||5||4||3-6||4 or 3||3||2||1|
- MacTusk's Hunting Party was added in the A Winter's Tale update.
- There is a rare chance that when the season changes, MacTusk will be locked out of the Walrus Camp; therefore, he will be active outside of Winter, alone or with the other members that got locked out as well.
- MacTusk deals 33 damage when he attacks with his Blow Dart, whereas the player deals 100 damage when using the same weapon.
|Hostile Creatures||Batilisk • Cave Spider • Clockwork Bishop • Clockwork Rook • Clockwork Knight • Dangling Depth Dweller • Depths Worm • Frog • Guardian Pig • Ghost • Shadow Creature • Hound (Red Hound • Blue Hound) • Killer Bee • Lureplant • MacTusk • Merm • Mosquito • Spider • Spider Warrior • Spitter • Tallbird • Tentacle (Big Tentacle • Baby Tentacle) • Wee MacTusk • (Poison Birchnut Tree • Varg )|
|Boss Monsters||Ancient Guardian • Deerclops • Spider Queen • Treeguard • (Bearger • Dragonfly • Moose/Goose )|
|Neutral Animals||Bee • Beefalo • Bunnyman (Beardlord) • Koalefant • Krampus • Pengull • Pig (Werepig) • Rock Lobster • Snurtle • Slurtle • Smallish Tallbird • Splumonkey • (Buzzard • Catcoon • Volt Goat )|
|Passive Animals||Baby Beefalo • Butterfly • Chester • Crow • Gobbler • Mandrake • Rabbit (Beardling) • Redbird • Smallbird • Snowbird • (Glommer • Moleworm )|
|Other||Abigail • Charlie • Maxwell • Pig King|