|Crafting||×4 ×4 ×4|
|Perk||Resurrects the player on Death|
|“||What a handsome devil!||”|
The Meat Effigy is a Magic effigy of Wilson which resurrects the player on death. It is one of the three ways to be resurrected (the other two are wearing a Life Giving Amulet or activating a Touch Stone before death).
Every Meat Effigy constructed lowers maximum health by 30 points, which can only be restored if the Meat Effigy is destroyed or used for revival. Building up to 5 Meat Effigies will lower most characters' (all except for a mighty Wolfgang, an upgraded WX-78, Webber and Wigfrid) Health to 0 and kill them, after which they will be revived and restored to 30 health.
As long as there is a Meat Effigy standing somewhere in the world, the character will be resurrected at the nearest Meat Effigy, however if a touch stone is closer than the meat effigy they will be resurrected at the touch stone. After death and resurrection, the Meat Effigy used will be destroyed. Alternatively, the Meat Effigy can be destroyed using the Hammer or Deconstruction Staff which will return the lost 30 health.
An Ancient Pseudoscience Station can spawn effigies when hammered. The health penalty of effigies produced this way do not take effect until the character has died and been resurrected.
- is set to 50
- is set to 2/3 of maximum
- is set to 1/2 of maximum
- Empty inventory (items can be found at your death point)
- Building Meat Effigies is Wilson's greatest advantage over the other characters because he is a walking renewable source of Beard Hair, which is the Meat Effigy's rare ingredient.
- If you're afraid that something might destroy your Meat Effigy, you might want to consider placing them at a barren location where you don't usually visit.
- It's a good idea to leave some supplies near your effigy to make the retrieval of items easier, or for not freezing to death in winter.
- Building too many Meat Effigies while wearing a Life Giving Amulet will have the player die from having 0 health, resurrect through the amulet first, then immediately die again because of the still in-effect 0 hit points.
- Meat Effigies can be spawned in by the console with no effect to health, except once the player dies. The health penalty will then be applied, making a very vicious cycle of repeated death and resurrection if the player happened to spawn in lots of them.
- The Meat Effigy's appearance is the same for all the characters despite being modeled after Wilson.
- Sometimes when an aboveground Meat Effigy is activated while in a cave, the game may bug and respawn on the surface at the entrance to the caves. Then the character plays the death animation and is unable to move.
- If a Meat Effigy is destroyed while in the process of resurrection, the game will crash.