|Crafting||×5 ×1 ×1|
|Durability||10 Uses, 10% per use|
|Perk||Puts nearby mobs to sleep|
|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||I can serenade the animals.||”|
It takes 2 seconds before the player starts playing the Pan Flute after clicking it. Mobs will be put into a deeper sleep than usual, allowing the player to move closer to them without waking them up; for example the Tallbird.
If a mob that is put to sleep is attacked, all of the nearby mobs will wake up after a couple of seconds. Mobs sometimes sleep all day after they have been put to sleep by the Pan Flute.
- The Pan Flute is named after Pan, the Greek god of animals and music.
- There are five ways of putting mobs to sleep: the Pan Flute, the Sleep Dart, a Life Giving Amulet, Wickerbottom's book Sleepytime Stories, and eating and cooking a Mandrake.
- The Pan Flute can be used to get an advantage over enemies, shave Beefalo, or steal Tallbird Eggs and Pengull's Eggs. It can also be used to put Frogs to sleep forever.
- Using a Pan Flute near a bird in flight will cause it fall to the ground, ready to be picked up.
- If a Pan Flute runs out of durability and breaks, the character will briefly appear to lose a tooth.