|Stacks up to||Does not stack|
|“||Everybody loves a little mining.||”|
The Opulent Pickaxe is a variant of the normal Pickaxe which requires Gold instead of Flint, allowing Flint to be saved for other uses.. It requires 2 Gold Nuggets, 4 Twigs to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype.
To mine an object with the Pickaxe, either click the tool on the object or right-click it from inventory to equip it. Once the character begins to mine, hold down either Spacebar or the LMB to keep mining until the object breaks apart. Alternatively, one can mine faster by repeatedly clicking LMB. It takes 6 strikes to completely break down a boulder, while Marble objects vary from 6-10 strikes.
The Pickaxe can be used as a weapon deals 27.2 damage per strike. Each time the characters swings this tool, it loses 3% durability, meaning it can be used 33 times. 33 uses also means the Pickaxe can mine 5 and a half boulders in its lifetime.
The Opulent Pickaxe can also be used as a weapon in the same way and deals 27.2 damage. Each time your character swings this tool it loses 0.68% durability, meaning it can be used 132 times. It takes 6 strikes to completely break down a boulder. This means the Opulent Pickaxe can mine 22 boulders in its lifetime.
- The Pickaxe used to have a value of 1-10 Science Points depending on its durability while the Opulent Pickaxe had 1-35.
- When Wilson examines the pickaxe he says "Iconic, Isn't it?", which may be a reference to Minecraft.
- Gold is actually not a good metal to be used in tools or weapons as it is a soft metal and would easily break, this is often remarked when Examined by most Characters.
- Maxwell breaks the fourth wall upon examining the Opulent Pickaxe when he states "This must be game logic."
- There is a glitch where the Pickaxe (and Axe, and perhaps other tools) can have 0% durability and remain equipped in the weapon slot when it's supposed to disappear. It disappears when the player opens and closes the map, unequips the tool, or quits and resumes the game. Trying to mine something with the bugged Pickaxe will often cause the game to crash.