|Stacks up to||40|
A Pig Skin can be obtained by killing a Pig, Werepig, or Guardian Pig, or by deconstructing a Pig House with a Hammer or Deconstruction Staff or Pig Head with a Hammer. It is used to craft several items, such as the Football Helmet and Umbrella. Spiders and other Pigs will see Pig Skin as food and will eat it if left on the ground. Additionally, it can be fed to Pigs to befriend them.
Reign of GiantsEdit
- A good way to obtain Pig Skin is to befriend a few Pigs, then take them to Beefalo during mating season.
- Another method of getting Pig Skin is to force them to transform into Werepigs. This way, the player is certain to get a skin, plus 2 Meat. 4 Monster Meats are required to transform a Pig into a Werepig, though Monster Meat can be obtained relatively easy by killing Spiders.
- The easiest but most counterproductive way would be to build a Hammer and destroy a Pig House, as this will drop not only Pig Skins, but Boards and Cut Stone as well. Keep in mind that Pigs can no longer spawn should one destroy their houses, and each house destroyed is one fewer Pig spawning in that area.
- In the game files, Pig Skin is listed as a food, but it is also listed as "HORRIBLE", which is why it is inedible for players.
- Pig Skin was edible in older Don't Starve versions, giving negligible .