|Stacks up to||40|
|“||It was him or me.||”|
A Pig Skin can be obtained by killing a Pig, Werepig, or Guardian Pig, or by deconstructing a Pig House with a Hammer or Deconstruction Staff or Pig Head with a Hammer. It is used to craft several items, such as a Football Helmet and Umbrella. Spiders and other Pigs will see Pig Skin as food and will eat it if left on the ground or follow the player if given to them.
- A good way to obtain Pig Skin is to befriend a few Pigs, then take them to Beefalo during mating season. Advice on the taming of Pigs can be found on the Pig page under Behaviour.
- Another method of getting Pig Skin is to force them to transform into Werepigs. This way, the player is certain to get a skin, plus 2 Meat. 4 Monster Meats are required to transform a Pig into a Werepig, though Monster Meat can be obtained relatively easy by killing Spiders.
- A third method is putting Rot on the ground surrounded by Tooth Traps. The Pigs will go for the Rot and die from the traps.
- Pigs and Spiders will engage at plain sight, so there's a chance for skins to be found in forest biomes if fights break out, but a close watch must be kept since both sides will see dropped skins as a food source.
- The easiest but most counterproductive way would be to build a Hammer and destroy a Pig House, as this will drop not only Pig Skins, but Boards and Cut Stone as well. Keep in mind that Pigs can no longer spawn should one destroy their houses, and each house destroyed is one fewer Pig spawning in that area.
- In the game files it is added as food, but it is listed as horrible, which explains why it is inedible by the player.
|Items dropped by Mobs|
|Loot||Ash • Azure Feather • Batilisk Wing • Beard Hair • Beefalo Horn • Blow Dart • Blue Gem • Bunny Puff • Butter • Butterfly Wings • Charcoal • Crimson Feather • Deerclops Eyeball • Drumstick • Fleshy Bulb • Flint • Frog Legs • Gears • Guardian's Horn • Glow Berry • Honey • Hound's Tooth • Jet Feather • Krampus Sack • Light Bulb • Living Log • Mandrake • Meat • Monster Meat • Morsel • Mosquito Sack • Nightmare Fuel • Ornate Chest • Pig Skin • Purple Gem • Red Gem • Rocks • Silk • Slurtle Slime • Slurper Pelt • Spider Eggs • Spider Gland • Shelmet • Snurtle Shell Armor • Spiderhat • Stinger • Tam o' Shanter • Tentacle Spike • Tentacle Spots • Thulecite Fragments • Walrus Tusk|
|Indirect||Bee • Beefalo Wool • Butterfly • Crow • Fireflies • Gold Nugget • Guano • Manure • Redbird • Seeds • Snowbird • Rabbit • Mosquito|