|Crafting||×4 ×4 ×1|
|Perk||Unlock additional crafting recipes|
The Prestihatitator is the tier 1 Magic station used to prototype basic Magic and Refine recipes. The Prestihatitator requires a Science Machine (or an Alchemy Engine) to prototype, and costs 4 Rabbits, 4 Boards, and 1 Top Hat to craft. Prototyping an item using the Prestihatitator will increase Sanity by 15.
See also: Crafting
- The name "Prestihatitator" is a portmanteau of "prestidigitator" and "hat".
- The Prestihatitator has a chance of spawning a Rabbit when used, a reference to the magic trick of pulling a rabbit from a hat. Rabbits produced from this machine are homeless and sleep outside at night, making them easy food.
- Beardlings can be used instead of Rabbits to craft a Prestihatitator.
- The Prestihatitator used to have a more costly recipe: 1 Living Log, 4 Gold Nugget and a Top Hat.
- There is a bug in which , even if the player has the required crafting material, the Prestihatitator will remain uncraftable