|“||HAH, IT DIED. CLASSIC HUMAN MISTAKE.||”|
Skeletons are the remains of other unknown adventurers who perished before the main character entered the world. They can occasionally be found in the wilderness, usually around Set Pieces, and often have random loot beside them.
When defeated, a Big Tentacle can drop one of these.
Skeletons are not to be confused with Bones.
Reign of GiantsEdit
In the Reign of Giants DLC, Skeletons can be struck with a Hammer to produce 2 Bone Shards. When the player dies in RoG, an identical skeleton with a special character examination quote will be left in that location with the player's gear, implying that all set pieces are dead players.
- The model of the Skeleton is the same model as the unimplemented character Wilton found in the Don't Starve files.
- There is a crispy variant of the skeleton found in the Dragonfly preset in Don't Starve Together. Those skeletons cannot be destroyed by the player.
When examining skeleton found in the world:
- Wilson: "Better him than me."
- Willow: "Oh my. I hope he went out in a blaze of glory."
- Wolfgang: "Not enough muscle."
- Wendy: "I envy his escape."
- WX-78: "HAH, IT DIED. CLASSIC HUMAN MISTAKE."
- Wickerbottom: "An incredibly well preserved human skeleton."
- Woodie: "Sorry, friend."
- Maxwell: "Ha, I remember that one!"
- Wigfrid: "Rest easy in Valhalla."
- Webber: "Hello? Are you alright?"
When examining a player's own skeleton (RoG):
- Wilson: "Better him than... wait a minute!"
- Willow: "That gives me the willies."
- Wolfgang: "Where did all muscles go?!"
- Wendy: "I was so, so close."
- WX-78: "DOES NOT COMPUTE"
- Wickerbottom: "My, what a specimen I make!"
- Woodie: "That's just downright unnerving."
- Maxwell: "The master becomes the student."
- Wigfrid: "This fight is nöt yet över."
- Webber: "Er, where did the spider parts go?"
See also: Other Set Pieces
|Naturally spawning world objects|
|Plants||Berry Bush • Carrot • Cave Banana Tree • Cave Lichen • Flower (Evil Flower, Fern) • Grass • Light Flower • Lureplant • Mandrake • Mushrooms • Mushtree • Plant • Reeds • Sapling • Spiky Bush • Tree • Totally Normal Tree|
|Mobs and Mob Housing||Beehive • Hound Mound • Pond • Pig House • Pig King • Pig Torch • Rabbit Hutch • Rundown House • Slurtle Mound • Spider Den • Spilagmite • Splumonkey Pod • Tallbird Nest • Walrus Camp • Worm Hole|
|Inanimate||Ancient Pseudoscience Station • Ancient Statue • Basalt• Blueprint • Boulder • Gramaphone • Grave • Harp Statue • Headstone • Suspicious Dirt Pile • Marble Pillar • Marble Tree • Maxwell's Door • Maxwell Statue • Maxwell's Light • Merm Head • Nightmare Light • Nightmare Lock • Nightmare Throne • Obelisk • Ornate Chest • Pig Head • Pillars • Relic • Sinkhole • Skeleton • Stalagmite • Touch Stone • Thulecite Wall|
|Things||Box Thing • Crank Thing • Eye Bone • Metal Potato Thing • Ring Thing • Wooden Thing|