|“||So full of potential.||”|
Tallbird Eggs can be found in Tallbird Nests, guarded by a Tallbird. If Tallbird Egg's mother has been killed, it will hatch into a new Tallbird after a few days. If the Egg is placed by a fire, it will change into a Hatching Tallbird Egg and can be hatched into a Smallbird. Tallbird Eggs can be used for Cooking or hatched into a Smallbird. Tallbird Eggs do not spoil
A Fried Tallbird Egg is made by cooking a Tallbird Egg over a Campfire, Fire Pit or Star. It can also be used as an ingredient in a variety of Crock Pot recipes. A Fried Tallbird Egg will spoil after 6 days and stacks to 20.
Hatching Tallbird Egg Edit
A Hatching Tallbird Egg is a Tallbird Egg that has started to hatch after being placed near a Campfire or Fire Pit for at least 10 seconds. Hatching takes roughly 3 days and, when hatched, it will turn into a Smallbird. The Hatching Tallbird Egg can be eaten, providing the player with 23 Hunger and 5 Health, and cooking it over a fire makes a Fried Tallbird Egg.
The Hatching Tallbird Egg needs to be placed by a fire to be kept warm at Night. If it is not kept warm at night for as long as 30 seconds it will freeze and turn into a Wet Goop. On the other hand, if placed by a fire during the Day it will become too hot and after 30 seconds will become a Cooked Morsel. Eggs are neither cold nor hot next to a fire during the Dusk. The player can safely pick up the Egg and move it without resetting the hatching process, but it will not continue hatching unless it is on the ground. During winter the egg cannot be placed away from fire during the day without becoming cold.
- One way to get an Egg to hatch is to sleep through the night without using a fire.
- Pigs and Spiders will eat Tallbird Eggs left on the ground.
- Pigs will comment "mmm, beaky" after eating the Egg.
- When a Tallbird Egg is picked up, examining it will give the standard quotation based on the last state it was in when on the ground. For example, picking up a Tallbird Egg when day comes after it was near a fire will result in its examination indicating it is too hot.
- Tallbird Eggs make an excellent food source to keep near aTouch Stone or Meat Effigy.
- Although Endothermic Fires and Fire Pits are meant to cool their surroundings, they still overheat hatching eggs during the day and warm them at night. (RoG)