|“||So full of potential.||”|
Fried Tallbird EggEdit
A Fried Tallbird Egg is made by cooking a Tallbird Egg over a Campfire, Fire Pit or Star. It can also be used as an ingredient in a variety of Crock Pot Recipes. Unlike raw Tallbird Eggs they will expire and stack to 20.
Hatching Tallbird EggEdit
Hatching Tallbird Egg is a Tallbird Egg that has started to hatch after being placed near a Fire for at least 10 seconds. Hatching takes roughly 3 days and, when hatched, it will turn into a Smallbird. It can be eaten, providing the player with 25 Hunger and 3 Health, and frying the Egg on fire produces Fried Tallbird Egg.
The hatching egg feels comfortable during the Day and Dusk, but at Night it becomes cold and needs to be placed by a fire to be kept warm. If it is not kept warm at night for as long as 30 seconds it will freeze and turn into a Wet Goop. On the other hand, if placed by a fire during the Day it will become too hot and after 30 seconds will become a Cooked Morsel. Eggs are neither cold nor hot next to a fire during the Dusk. The player can safely pick up the Egg and move it to avoid the Egg becoming cooked or gooped. However, it will not continue hatching unless it is on the ground. During winter the egg cannot be placed away from fire during the day without becoming cold.
- A good way of getting it hatched is to sleep through the night without using a fire.
- It will not reset the hatching process if picked up, so don't worry about moving it around.
- The baby tallbird will grow into a smallish tall bird after 11 days.
- The smallish tallbird will grow to an adult after another 11 days.
- The full grown tallbird will have the same aggressive behavior as any other.
- When a Tallbird Egg is picked up, examining it will give the standard quotation based on the last state it was in when on the ground. For example, picking up a Tallbird Egg when day comes after it was near a fire will result in its examination indicating it is too hot.