|Crafting||×6 ×4 ×3|
|Perk||Restores health and sanity at the expense of hunger.|
|“||We should get some rest.||”|
Tents can be used six times before disappearing. If the player destroys one with a Hammer, the number of resources returned is inversely proportional to number of times the player's used the Tent (the more times the Tent is used, the fewer resources it will drop when demolished).
Reign of GiantsEdit
In the Reign of Giants DLC, the behavior changes so that if the sleeper's temperature is below 30 then it will be set to 30, but if it is above 45 then the sleeper's temperature will raise by 15, making it dangerous to use in the heat of Summer.
- Unusable by Wickerbottom due to her insomnia.
- Before sleeping in a Tent;
- It's wise not to sleep as Maxwell, unless the player has abundant food resources or needs the health, since he gains more sanity than he loses during night.
- This item can be combined with the Siesta Lean-to (in a Reign of Giants-enabled game) if the player wishes to skip a day and fill their sanity. But be warned, this is only viable for players with enough food.
- Meatballs are the most resource-friendly food item to have when using the Tent. On waking, eating this will gain back most of the hunger meter.
- Sometimes after a 100% torch is equipped before sleeping, after the character sleep the torch will still have durability to 20%, and it will not lose durability. Unequipping and equipping the torch again will fix the bug.
- The Tent's original use was to allow the player to change their character.