|Crafting||×6 ×4 ×3|
|Perk||Restores health and sanity at the expense of hunger.|
|“||We should get some rest.||”|
The Tent is a Survival structure that can be used to sleep through dusk and night, like an immobile Straw Roll or Fur Roll. It will restore 50 Sanity and 60 Health at the cost of 75 Hunger, and set the player's body temperature to maximum when used. It requires 6 Silk, 4 Twigs, 3 Rope to craft and an Alchemy Engine to prototype. The player is also immune to any damage while using the tent.
Tents can be used six times before disappearing. If the player destroys one with a Hammer, the number of resources returned is inversely proportional to number of times the player's used the Tent (the more times the Tent is used, the fewer resources it will drop when demolished).
Reign of GiantsEdit
In the Reign of Giants (RoG) DLC, the behavior changes so that if the sleeper's temperature is below 30 then it will be set to 30, but if it is above 45 then the sleeper's temperature will raise by 15, making it dangerous to use in the heat of Summer. Though it may be more useful in Winter, where freezing is the prominent threat and dusk and night are much longer.
- Unusable by Wickerbottom due to her insomnia.
- Before sleeping in a Tent;
- Since he gains more sanity than he loses during the night, it is wise not to sleep as Maxwell unless the player has abundant food resources or needs the health.
- This item can be combined with the Siesta Lean-to (in a RoG-enabled game) if the player wishes to skip a day and fill their sanity. But be warned, this is only viable for players with enough food.
- Meatballs are the most resource-friendly food item to have when using the Tent. On waking, eating this will gain back most of the hunger meter.
- A smoldering Tent can't be put out with the player's bare hands. It will instead result in the player sleeping and possibly a fire.
- Sometimes after a 100% torch is equipped before sleeping, after the character sleeps the torch will still have a durability of 20%, and it will not lose durability. Unequipping and equipping the torch again will fix the bug.
- Sleeping while taking damage from Freezing may cause the edges of your screen to be stuck red, This will persist until you re-launch your game or freeze yourself again and warm back up.
- Sometimes a tent may be used 7 times before disappearing.
- The Tent's original use was to allow the player to change their character.