|Resources||x2, x2, (after use)|
|“||I guess I should touch it?||”|
A Touch Stone is a structure that can be found in the world. It cannot be hammered or destroyed by Clockwork Rooks or Deerclops; instead, it is activated by clicking on it. When activated, the character will be returned to the Touch Stone upon death, and the Touch Stone itself will be destroyed, dropping its constituent items. It is surrounded by 4 Pig Heads, which are not needed for a Touch Stone to function and can be deconstructed. Also, the player can dig up the wooden turf underneath it, obtaining Wooden Flooring, without affecting the Touch Stone's usability.
Touch Stones are activated simply by clicking on them. When this happens they will rise out of the ground and fill in, creating a small platform upon which the character will be resurrected. Once it brings a character back to life the Touch Stone will be destroyed, leaving behind 2 Rocks, 2 Marble, and 1 Nightmare Fuel. If more than one Touch Stone has been activated, the nearest one will be used.
- is set to 50
- is set to 2/3 of maximum
- is set to 1/2 of maximum
- Empty inventory (items can be found at your death point)
- In Winter, leaving necessary equipment to survive freezing immediately after resurrection by Touch Stones is a wise idea to prevent unneeded deaths.
- Don't leave flammable items in the wooden square around the touch stone because they will burn once you are resurrected there.
- It is a good idea to build a base around a Touch Stone, as you will (if you have a good base) be sure to survive directly after death.
- It is a good idea to break the pig heads around the Touch Stone as they will give you Pig Skin.
- Placing a Meat Effigy next to a Touch Stone might let you leave the Touch Stone for a later death.
- When Wilson examines the Pig Heads surrounding a Touch Stone, he will say, "It looks like an offering to the beast." This may be a reference to the book Lord of the Flies by William Golding. In the book, Jack and his group of hunters place a sow's head on top of a sharpened pole as an offering to the Beast that supposedly lives on their island.
- Despite the name 'touch stone', judging by it's drop of marble it may not be entirely made of stone. However, it does drop rocks.
|Naturally spawning world objects|
|Plants||Berry Bush • Carrot • Cave Banana Tree • Cave Lichen • Flower (Evil Flower, Fern) • Grass • Light Flower • Lureplant • Mandrake • Mushrooms • Mushtree • Plant • Reeds • Sapling • Spiky Bush • Tree • Totally Normal Tree|
|Mobs and Mob Housing||Beehive • Hound Mound • Pond • Pig Fortress • Pig House • Pig King • Pig Torch • Rabbit Hutch • Rundown House • Slurtle Mound • Spider Den • Spilagmite • Splumonkey Pod • Tallbird Nest • Walrus Camp • Worm Hole|
|Inanimate||Ancient Pseudoscience Station • Ancient Statue • Basalt • Boulder • Gramaphone • Grave • Harp Statue • Headstone • Suspicious Dirt Pile • Marble Pillar • Marble Tree • Maxwell's Door • Maxwell Statue • Maxwell's Light • Merm Head • Nightmare Light • Nightmare Lock • Nightmare Throne • Obelisk • Ornate Chest • Pig Head • Pillars • Relic • Sinkhole • Skeleton • Stalagmite • Touch Stone • Thulecite Wall|
|Things||Box Thing • Crank Thing • Eye Bone • Metal Potato Thing • Ring Thing • Wooden Thing|