|Hunger||113, hunger drains 1.25x faster|
|Melee damage||0.75x normal damage|
|Perk||Can't talk, Has trouble staying alive, practices balloonomancy|
When a balloon is attacked, it explodes doing 5 damage. Balloons can also trigger other balloons, so this can be used to do massive chain reactions. Balloons can also be used to distract mobs.
In one of the adventure mode worlds (A Cold Reception, The King of Winter, The Game is Afoot, Archipelago) a structure may appear, which will have two chambers with a Maxwell Statue in each one, and a third one with Wes on the middle. This stucture does not always spawn when you play adventure mode, so don't expect you will find it your first try.
When players break one of the statues, it will release Clockwork Bishops, Clockwork Knights and/or Clockwork Rooks . After breaking all the statues and defeating the Clockwork Monsters, and then go to Wes. Then more Bishops, Knights and Rooks will spawn; and the player will need to defeat them.
After all monsters are cleared, Wes will pass out, fall on the ground, and disappear. Wes is now unlocked as a playable character.
A player will fail to free Wes if he or she is using console to spawn both Locked Wes and Maxwell Statue. Also, opening the console log in adventure mode, if "statue found" is shown twice, this means that a Locked Wes has spawned naturally, if not don't bother looking for Wes.
- He was added in Insanity! update, unlockable in Adventure Mode from The End of the Beginning update
- Wes' in-game purpose is to provide some challenge to players who find Don't Starve too easy. He can be considered as a hard mode character.
- Despite popular rumors, it has been confirmed that Wes does not have a 1% chance of dying after performing a certain action.
- Wes used to be the sixth unlockable character via experience points, but due to an update this has changed and Wes now has to be found in adventure mode to play him. Though if Wes was unlocked before the update, he remains unlocked.
- When playing as Maxwell and Locked Wes is examined, Maxwell states "He displeased me." , suggesting that Maxwell trapped Wes because he is too weak or he just doesn't like mimes.
- Wes' previous perk, before the Strange New Powers update, was the same as it is now - except without the perk of the Pile O' Balloons.
- Wes has higher maximum Sanity than Willow and higher health than Maxwell.
- The chance of trapped Wes spawning in Adventure Mode is a low 1%, so it makes it a rough challenge unlocking him.
|Wilson quotes ⋅ clothes • Willow quotes ⋅ clothes • Wolfgang quotes ⋅ clothes • Wendy quotes ⋅ clothes • WX-78 quotes ⋅ clothes • Wickerbottom quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodie quotes ⋅ clothes • Wes quotes ⋅ clothes • Maxwell quotes ⋅ clothes • Unimplemented|