|Motto||"Shhhh! No talking!"|
|Perk||Knows many things
Self publishes books
Can't sleep, hates food spoilage
|“||Knowledge is power!||”|
Wickerbottom is the fifth unlockable Character (1280 exp, see Experience for more information on how to unlock her). She is a librarian and an author (and apparently a publisher too), and she can identify many different types of fauna and flora by their scientific names. Wickerbottom can make all Science Machine recipes without having to build the Science Machine, but does not gain the 15 sanity per prototype for those since she already knows them at the start of the game. The rest of the recipes can be prototyped with a research machine one tier lower than the one usually required. Science Machines can make Alchemy Engine recipes. This does not apply to magic research machines. Therefore, only a Science Machine is needed to unlock all science recipes for prototyping. As of the Strange New Powers update, she requires a Shadow Manipulator in order to prototype the "On Tentacles" book.
This new tab allows Wickerbottom to create different types of magical books with Papyrus and other different ingredients. Depending on what type of ingredient is added you will receive a different type of book with a different type of effect.
Buffs and debuffs
Wickerbottom has a maximum sanity of 250, the highest of any characters (excluding a fully upgraded WX-78). However, she suffers from insomnia and she can't sleep, therefore alternative forms of sanity regeneration are required. In winter, it's a struggle to keep her sane.
She also hates spoiled and/or raw food, causing her sanity to suffer greatly.
- Wickerbottom is sounded by an oboe.
- It is confirmed that "Wickerbottom" is her last name. Her first name is unknown at this point.
- Wickerbottom's eyes are shut by default, but open sometimes, like when she exits a wormhole or is low at sanity.
- She is the most literate of Don't Starve's characters and always refers to animals by their scientific names. The only exception to this are creatures that are completely unknown to her. This could provide information as to what animals/creatures in the Don't Starve universe exist in her homeworld and which were created by Maxwell.
- Her debuff makes her an insomniac, a disorder which makes going to sleep/staying asleep difficult.
- Wickerbottom is still able to be knocked out by cooking a Mandrake or consuming a Cooked Mandrake.
- Wickerbottom's favorite food is fish, judging by her examination quotes. This is referring to fish being considered a "brain food".
- Wickerbottom has a skull.
- Wickerbottom's previous perk, before the Strange New Powers update, was to be able to prototype one tier higher than the other players.
- When struck by Lightning in the Reign of Giants DLC, Wickerbottom, like most other characters, is shown to have bones in her hair. In addition to this, she seems to have bones in her skirt and shoes too.
|Wilson quotes ⋅ clothes • Willow quotes ⋅ clothes • Wolfgang quotes ⋅ clothes • Wendy quotes ⋅ clothes • WX-78 quotes ⋅ clothes • Wickerbottom quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodie quotes ⋅ clothes • Wes quotes ⋅ clothes • Maxwell quotes ⋅ clothes • Wigfrid quotes ⋅ clothes • Webber quotes ⋅ clothes • Unimplemented|