|Motto||"Shhhh! No talking!"|
|Perk||Knows many things
Self publishes books
Can't sleep, hates food spoilage
|“||Knowledge is power!||”|
Wickerbottom is the fifth available Character, unlocked at 1280 Experience. She is a librarian and an author (and apparently a publisher too), and she can identify many different types of fauna and flora by their scientific names.
This new tab allows Wickerbottom to create different types of magical books with Papyrus and other different ingredients. Depending on what ingredients were added, different books with different effects will result.
Buffs and debuffs
Wickerbottom has a maximum sanity of 250, the highest of all characters (excluding a fully upgraded WX-78). However, she suffers from insomnia (she can't sleep), therefore requiring alternative forms of sanity regeneration. It is a struggle to keep her sane during Winter.
Wickerbottom can make all Science Machine recipes without having to build the Science Machine, but does not gain the 15 sanity per prototype for those since she already knows them at the start of the game. The rest of the recipes can be prototyped with a research machine one tier lower than the one usually required. For example, Science Machines can make Alchemy Engine recipes. Although, this does not apply to Magic research machines. Therefore, only a Science Machine is needed to unlock all science recipes for prototyping. As of the Strange New Powers update, she requires a Shadow Manipulator in order to prototype the "On Tentacles" book.
She also hates spoiled and/or raw food, causing her sanity to suffer greatly.
- Wickerbottom is sounded by an oboe.
- It is confirmed that "Wickerbottom" is her last name. Her first name remains unknown, however.
- Wickerbottom's eyes are shut by default, but open sometimes, like when she exits a Worm Hole or is low on Sanity.
- She is the most literate of the Don't Starve Characters and always refers to animals by their scientific names. The only exceptions to this are the creatures that are completely unknown to her. This can provide information as to what animals/creatures in the Don't Starve universe exist in her homeworld.
- Wickerbottom is still able to be knocked out by cooking a Mandrake or consuming a Cooked Mandrake.
- Wickerbottom has a skull.
- Wickerbottom's previous perk, before the Strange New Powers update, was to be able to prototype one tier higher than the other players.
- Wickerbottom's favorite food is Fishsticks, judging by her examination quotes.
- When struck by Lightning in the Reign of Giants DLC, Wickerbottom, like most other characters, is shown to have bones in her hair. In addition to this, she also has bones in her skirt and shoes too.
|Wilson quotes ⋅ clothes • Willow quotes ⋅ clothes • Wolfgang quotes ⋅ clothes • Wendy quotes ⋅ clothes • WX-78 quotes ⋅ clothes • Wickerbottom quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodie quotes ⋅ clothes • Wes quotes ⋅ clothes • Maxwell quotes ⋅ clothes • Wigfrid quotes ⋅ clothes • Webber quotes ⋅ clothes • Unimplemented|