|Motto||"I am mighty! No one is mightier!"|
|Perk||Gets stronger with a full belly, is afraid of the dark and monsters|
|Damage Multiplier||0.5x - 2.0x|
|Hunger Multiplier||1.0x - 3.0x|
|“||Mind says no. Muscles say yes!||”|
Wolfgang is the second unlockable character (320 XP, see Experience for more information on how to unlock him). He does higher damage in melee and ranged combat and has more health. This gives him great advantages when fighting against Monsters or destroying Spider Dens. He also has a larger stomach at a max of 300 and a starting amount of 200, but his hunger will decrease faster or slower depending on how full it is.
This is Wolfgang's buffed form. It's a temporary physical upgrade that is activated when Wolfgangs hunger goes to 225 or above. When this form is achieved Wolfgang's Shirt will be ripped off, he'll gain numerous arm muscles, and will reobtain his original head design.
His Health will go from the regular 200 to 300 (at 300 Hunger). He will receive a Damage bonus from 1.25x to 2.0x when completely full and he will also receives a slight but noticeable speed boost.
Because of this Physical upgrade, Wolfgang's Hunger decreases 3 times faster in this Form (compared to any other character, except Wes).
The magnitude of these bonuses will also decrease as Wolfgang's hunger is drained.
This is Wolfgang's Starter Appearance. He Starts with 200 Health, and does his regular damage.
Wolfgang's Hunger decreases 1.5x faster than other characters (except Wes).
Wolfgang's Special Power debuff is a physical downgrade when at 100 hunger or less. His appearance will become a sad and more pathetic looking version of Wolfgang.
His max health goes from 200 down to 150 at 0 hunger and his damage goes from 0.75x from the initial downgrade to 0.5x at near starvation.
Wolfgang's movement speed slightly decreases in this state and his Hunger will decrease at the same rate as other characters (except Wes).
These penalties will increase in value as Wolfgang becomes more hungry.
Because he's a Nyctophobic, he suffers a greater Sanity Drain from Monsters and the dark, so care should be taken with sanity management. If the player has no sanity recovering items it is recommended that they sleep through the night to avoid Sanity drain, since it's harder to refill than Hunger.
The penalty though is really small at only 10% more Sanity loss. A Tam o' Shanter will nullify sanity drain at night and when fighting monsters in mighty form he'll lose less Sanity than other characters, due to the fight's duration being shorter.
- Wolfgang was added on October 2nd 2012 when the game was still in Beta. Like Willow and Wendy before him he had no special power when implemented and the only thing that differed him from Wilson was the lack of a beard. It was only on November 13th 2012 that an update added perks for the current playable charaters.
- Wolfgang's previous perk, before the "Strange New Powers" update, was 75 more health and hunger (maximum of 225 each), and 50% more damage when hitting enemies, similar to his current Mighty Form. He also looked like his Mighty form all the time, though with an intact costume.
- After the "Strange New Powers" update because of Wolfgang's Hunger drain multiplier mechanic timewise it takes him 207 normal Hunger points (exactly 2.5 in-game days) to get from 300 to 0 Hunger making him a little more Hunger resistant than fully upgraded WX-78. Mighty Wolfgang Form lasts only around 3 minutes if not sustained.
- Wolfgang's voice is sounded by a tuba and it changes in pitch depending on his current form.
- Despite his moustache, he cannot grow a Beard stating his skin is too strong for hair.
- From the poster in the 4th William Carter Puzzle , it can be assumed that Wolfgang worked on a circus as a Strongman before being trapped in the Don't Starve world by Maxwell. This is all speculation though and nothing official has been said on the matter.
- When examining Frog Legs, he states that they "Is delicacy in my country!", suggesting that his nationality could be French.
- When examining a Hammer, he states that it "Needs Sickle!", suggesting that he may be (or has been) soviet or just communist.
- When examining a Pitchfork, he states that it "Reminds me of childhood," suggesting that he may have been a farmer's son.
- Despite voicing his preference for cold temperatures when examining the Thermal Measurer, Wolfgang is just as vulnerable to the cold as other characters.
- Wolfgang has a skull.
- Wolfgang was previously unlocked after Wendy.
- Wolfgang's rather unusual quotes (see his quotes page) may be a reference to the phrase "brains over brawn," in that he has only the latter.
- A Belt of Hunger will nullify Wolfgang's Hunger problems. This along with the fact that it provides some sanity bonus and extends his Mighty form to last almost 5 minutes, make it an excellent item for this character.
- Mighty Wolfgang's scale is 1.25. That makes him the tallest of the playable characters while in this form. His Wimpy form on the other hand has a smaller scale thus making him the shortest of the PCs.
- The size of items he's equipping changes with his forms. Smaller when wimpy and bigger when mighty.
- Due to the way Wolfgang's health scales between forms it's better to heal when Wimpy and take damage when Mighty, since the healing and damage will be doubled and halved when changing form respectively. This makes healing items up to twice as effective with Wolfgang and attacks up to half as damaging.
- Leaving the game and then reloading when Wolfgang's hunger is between 220-225 or 100-105 points and you are either in Mighty or Normal form respectively, when you reload the game you'll be in Normal or Wimpy form. That happens because the game considers Normal form to be between 105 and 225 points, and Wimpy form between 0-105 points, even though to get from Mighty to Normal you need to be below 220 points, and from Normal to Wimpy below 100.
- While wearing some of the hats while in Normal form, Wolfgang's mustache will disappear when the player moves towards the top of the screen.
|Wilson quotes ⋅ clothes • Willow quotes ⋅ clothes • Wolfgang quotes ⋅ clothes • Wendy quotes ⋅ clothes • WX-78 quotes ⋅ clothes • Wickerbottom quotes ⋅ clothes • Woodie quotes ⋅ clothes • Wes quotes ⋅ clothes • Maxwell quotes ⋅ clothes • Wigfrid quotes ⋅ clothes • Webber quotes ⋅ clothes • Unimplemented|