|“||Poke it with a stick!||”|
Traveling through a Worm Hole causes a Sanity loss of 15. Sanity can be quickly drained by repeatedly jumping into them. Smallbirds, Pigs, Mandrakes and other followers will follow Wilson through a worm Hole, as will Chester if the Eye Bone is in your inventory. Many objects, such as Food, Gravedigger Items, and Wooden Thing components can be dropped into the Worm Hole, and will be spat out the other end.
Sick Worm HolesEdit
Sick Worm Holes are dying and can only be used for one-way travel. Once these Worm Holes are used their "exit" shrivels up and dies, preventing you from traveling back. They look similar to their healthy counterparts but their "skin" and mouth are a more yellow/green tint as opposed to a healthy red. They only spawn in the "Two Worlds" chapter in Adventure Mode.
- Worm Holes are an effective way to escape from dangerous enemies, such as a Deerclops, a large pack of Hounds, or MacTusk.
- Build your Settlement next to a Worm Hole for quick travel to another biome/area
- Wickerbottom refers to the Worm Hole as "Megadrilacea Oraduos." Megadrilacea meaning a large worm species, and oraduos meaning two mouths or openings.
- The sick version of the wormhole was added in the "Doorway To Adventure" update.
- If you use a worm hole to escape from a hostile mob it will be waiting for you there until you return. You have been warned.
- A Worm Hole spawned via DebugSpawn will never open its mouth and can only be examined.
- Opening the map at the same time the player is jumping in a Worm Hole will cause the Worm Hole's animation to never finish.
- The other end of the Worm Hole can be in the water. However, the player cannot get onto walkable ground until the player goes back in the Worm Hole.
- Jumping into a Worm Hole with sanity below 40 will skip the animation/sound and show the screen moving to the other end of the worm hole, where, it will show the character leaning over with their hands on their head (which players will do occasionally on low sanity), and then play the animation of the player emerging from the Worm Hole.
- Jumping into a Sick Worm Hole can cause a lua code error when the next day arrives.
- Jumping into a Worm Hole with a tool in your hand and unequiping it as your player jumps will cause the game to make the sound of the Worm Hole but it won't teleport you or drain your sanity.
|Naturally spawning world objects|
|Plants||Berry Bush • Carrot • Cave Banana Tree • Cave Lichen • Flower (Evil Flower, Fern) • Grass • Light Flower • Lureplant • Mandrake • Mushrooms • Mushtree • Plant • Reeds • Sapling • Spiky Bush • Tree • Totally Normal Tree|
|Mobs and Mob Housing||Beehive • Pond • Pig House • Pig King • Rabbit Hutch • Rundown House • Slurtle Mound • Spider Den • Spilagmite • Splumonkey Pod • Tallbird Nest • Walrus Camp • Worm Hole • Hound Mound|
|Inanimate||Ancient Pseudoscience Station • Ancient Statue • Basalt • Boulder • Gramaphone • Grave • Harp Statue • Headstone • Suspicious Dirt Pile • Marble Pillar • Marble Tree • Maxwell's Door • Maxwell Statue • Maxwell's Light • Merm Head • Nightmare Light • Nightmare Lock • Obelisk • Ornate Chest • Pig Head • Pillars • Relic • Sinkhole • Skeleton • Stalagmite • Touch Stone • Thulecite Wall|
|Things||Box Thing • Crank Thing • Eye Bone • Metal Potato Thing • Ring Thing • Wooden Thing|