|“||MY INPUTS ARE FULL OF SLIME||”|
A Worm Hole is a living tunnel, which warps the player to a different area of the map. Worm Holes appear as a mouth in the ground, and will open when approached by the player. When the option ‘Jump in Worm Hole’ is selected, the character will leap inside to be spit out the other end after a brief delay. There are multiple Worm Holes in most worlds and they always connect the same two places on the map. Often they will end in two completely different areas with different resources, such as a Forest biome (with lots of Trees) and a Savanna biome (with lots of Grass).
Traveling through a Worm Hole causes a Sanity loss of 15 points. Sanity can be quickly drained by repeatedly jumping into them. Chester and other followers will follow the player through Worm Holes. Many objects, such as Food, Gravedigger Items, and Wooden Thing components can be dropped into a Worm Hole to be spit out at the other end.
Sick Worm Hole Edit
A Sick Worm Hole is a dying Worm Hole found in the "Two Worlds" chapter of Adventure Mode. Sick Worm Holes can only be used for one-way travel, after which their "exit" shrivels up and dies. They look similar to their healthy counterparts, but their "skin" and mouth have a yellowish/greenish tint, instead being brown; the color of a normal Worm Hole.
- Worm Holes can be used to escape dangerous enemies, such as Deerclops, Hounds, or MacTusk, but they will be waiting at the Worm Hole when it is used to return. This can be a good way to temporarily escape tough mobs when unprepared to deal with them at the moment.
- Building a settlement next to a Worm Hole offers quick travel to another biome/area.
- Make sure to note the positions and links between Worm Holes, to avoid confusion/wasted time. This is more important during winter (and summer in Reign of Giants), when mistakes are more costly.
- A Worm Hole can be used as a way to move items without worrying about inventory slots and Sanity loss.
- The Sick Worm Hole was added in the "Doorway To Adventure" update.
- Wickerbottom refers to the Worm Hole as "Megadrilacea Oraduos." Megadrilacea is an order of earthworms, and oraduos means two mouths or openings.
- A Worm Hole spawned via DebugSpawn will only open its mouth when you walk away from it and can only be examined.
- A Worm Hole makes breathing noises when it's "mouth" is open.
- Opening the map at the same time the player is jumping into a Worm Hole will cause the Worm Hole's animation to never finish.
- A Worm Hole can spawn in the water. The player will be unable to reach land, ultimately having to return through the Worm Hole.
- Jumping into a Worm Hole with Sanity below 40 will skip the animation/sound, but shows the screen moving to the other end of the Worm Hole, where it will show the character leaning over with their hands on their head (indicating low Sanity), and then play the animation of the player emerging from the Worm Hole.
- Jumping into a Sick Worm Hole can cause a .lua code error when the next day arrives.
- Jumping into a Worm Hole and then interrupting the action by either clicking away, changing equipment, or being attacked will make a sound as if the player jumped into the Worm Hole. The player is not teleported and no Sanity is lost.
- If a player enters a Worm Hole just before the night sets, Charlie will not attack when the character comes out on the other side. (This bug is fixed by moving to a lit area and then back into darkness again.)
|Naturally spawning world objects|
|Plants||Berry Bush • Carrot • Cave Banana Tree • Cave Lichen • Flower (Evil Flower, Fern) • Grass • Light Flower • Lureplant • Mandrake • Mushrooms • Mushtree • Plant • Reeds • Sapling • Spiky Bush • Tree • Totally Normal Tree|
|Mobs and Mob Housing||Beehive • Hound Mound • Pond • Pig Fortress • Pig House • Pig King • Pig Torch • Rabbit Hutch • Rundown House • Slurtle Mound • Spider Den • Spilagmite • Splumonkey Pod • Tallbird Nest • Walrus Camp • Worm Hole|
|Inanimate||Ancient Pseudoscience Station • Ancient Statue • Basalt • Boulder • Gramaphone • Grave • Harp Statue • Headstone • Suspicious Dirt Pile • Marble Pillar • Marble Tree • Maxwell's Door • Maxwell Statue • Maxwell's Light • Merm Head • Nightmare Light • Nightmare Lock • Nightmare Throne • Obelisk • Ornate Chest • Pig Head • Pillars • Relic • Sinkhole • Skeleton • Stalagmite • Touch Stone • Thulecite Wall|
|Things||Box Thing • Crank Thing • Eye Bone • Metal Potato Thing • Ring Thing • Wooden Thing|